1. Technology contributes to the development.
2. The transformation of cities, led and executed by professionals contributes to the social progress.
3. Improving life in cities is a challenge since it requires sharing knowledge and a good dose of innovation.
4. The solutions of the XIX and the XX centuries have resulted to be ineffective in addressing the quick urbanization and the inequalities challenges.
5. In order to retrieve the human scale of cities, it is essential to use the technology.
6. But the data and the information should be useful for political leaders and city managers.
7. To consolidate the smart cities as disruptive tools, the private sector has the responsibility of understanding the collective challenges and guiding their solutions to the real needs of the citizens.
8. Public services must serve people and not the other way around. The smart cities integrate for the first time: diagnosis, capacity for action, personal interaction and social action.
9. Traditional architecture and urbanism are arrogant disciplines: The people are the city and they require much more than a constructive policy. The professionals dedicated to the city should possess multidisciplinary knowledge and an open attitude towards contradictions.
10 .Cities are constantly progressing. Designing and transforming at the good speed is necessary to make positive changes. In the era of cities (urban age), it is essential to be flexible and open minded in the city planning in order to help great ideas to become viable. (Think Big).
If you have an indea, in Mediaurban we help you to plan, design, generate consensus and to carry it out to make it happen.